What is Functional Electrical Stimulation?
Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) uses low energy electrical pulses to restore body movements in individuals who have been paralysed due to central nervous system injury. It allows you to exercise in the comfort of your home or in a clinic, and with continued use provides many physiological benefits.
How can FES benefit me?
By exercising regularly on a FES system, you will enjoy:
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased muscle bulk and strength
- Improved range of movement
- Decreased muscle spasms & pressure sores
- Improved circulation
What is an FES assessment day?
It is a no-obligation opportunity for anyone* to try out our FES systems, for the muscles in your arms, legs and trunk with a trained professional, to see if it can help your condition.
Where and when are the FES assessment days being held?
We are running 2 assessment days:
- 5th December 2018 at The Christchurch Group, Orchard House, High Street, Harwell, OX11 0EX
- 10th December 2018 at Cyclone Mobility, Unit 20, Heron Business Park, Tan House Lane, Widnes, WA8 0SW
One-hour assessment slots are available between 10am and 4pm
To book call 0800 180 4850
* Please note that if you have any existing fractures, a pacemaker or are pregnant, we cannot accept your booking – please contact us to discuss.