Xcite functional electrical stimulation (FES) clinical station is a portable, multi-channel FES therapy system. Easy to use, pre-programmed activity libraries delivery sequenced stimulation through up to 12 stimulation channels. Xcite assists patients to perform task specific, strengthening and gross motor activities.
Xcite evokes co-ordinated muscle contractions in upper extremity, lower extremity and core muscle groups. Xcite FES activities are easily integrated into conventional physical and occupational therapy programs to enhance patient outcomes. Xcite can be used in the clinic or at home with a wide range of patient indications, providing a continuum of care.
Xcite FES clinical station includes
- a battery powered stimulator with up to 12 channels of FES that can be used in or away from its therapy cart, with or without mains power, for enhanced flexibility and functionality.
- A mobile therapy cart that holds your electrodes, cables and accessories and to which Xcite stimulator attaches magnetically when placed on the cart for added stability.
Xcite is indicated for general rehabilitation
- Neuromuscular re-education
- immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- prevent or retard disuse atrophy
- Improve local circulation
- Maintain or increase range of motion
- Relax muscle spasms
Role of Xcite
Repetitive practise of task specific, strengthening and gross moor activities have long been the cornerstone of PT and OT rehabilitation programs for patients with neurological impairments or muscle weakness. Xcite is designed to be easily integrated into these traditional programs. Xcite enhances the impact of the traditional therapeutic activities that support neuromuscular re-education by:
- Enhancing active muscle contractions
- Promoting the completion fluid, natural movements
- Providing feedback to you and your patient